General Statement of Privacy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our Properties, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, user name, address, phone number, email address and other contact information.
- When you sign on to our Properties or make a purchase with us, we may collect additional contact and payment information, payment history, profile and preference information that you provide.
- Location Information. We may also collect geolocation data pertaining to your mobile device. This data may consist of precise latitude/longitude coordinates and may be linked to a device ID. We may use this location data to send you relevant information and offers from the DMA. Certain of our mobile applications may also use this information to determine if you are attending one of our events. If you are, we may present you with information relevant to such participation. You may control how we use your device’s location information by visiting the settings menu of your mobile device. Please note that if you limit sharing of geolocation data, certain features of the mobile application may not work.
USE OF INFORMATION BY DMA AND OTHERS
- Fulfilling purchase and other requests made by visitors;
- Providing the benefits of DMA membership, including non-promotional DMA communications;
- Improving and customizing the content of our Properties;
- Contacting members and those who visit our websites about new DMA products and services or upcoming events;
- Responding to requests for products, services, and/or information;
- Notifying visitors about updates to our Properties;
- Contacting visitors for marketing purposes, including by sending offers on behalf of third parties;
- For our research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes; and
- Complying with law and maintaining the security of our Properties.
DMA may share information collected through our Properties with other parties, including:
- Service providers, agents, or contractors authorized to perform services on our behalf, such as providing support for our internal operations or providing website analytics to improve our Properties;
- With associations and working groups for research purposes;
- Pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or other legal or government process or inquiry;
- If we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, or that disclosure is necessary to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or our Properties;
- As part of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of DMA; and
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
From time to time, DMA may also share information collected through our Properties with other reputable third-party organizations whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you or to deliver on our behalf DMA advertisements to you on other websites you visit. We may occasionally send you messages from third-parties on their behalf, and you will be able to opt-out of future third-party offers if you choose to opt-out as set forth below.
We may allow advertisements to be placed on our Properties by third-party organizations. These organizations may collect web-reporting data on their placed advertisements.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
CHOICES ABOUT DATA COLLECTION AND USE
If you do not wish to receive information about new DMA products and services, third-party offers we may send you, or upcoming events, you may opt-out of receiving promotional DMA communications by sending an email request to MemberServices@thedma.org.
Please note that DMA members who opt-out of promotional DMA communications will continue to receive non-promotional DMA communications via email (such as member newsletters and membership information) that are provided as conditions of DMA membership. If you would like to opt-out of individual DMA member publications, please contact DMA Customer Service at 212.790.1500 or MemberServices@the-dma.org. If you do not wish to have your information shared with third-party companies as previously described, please send an email request to MemberServices@thedma.org indicating such.
You may also contact us to indicate your preferences by mail or phone:
1333 Broadway Suite 301
New York, NY 10018
(212) 768-7277 Extension 1500
Registered users of this site may update their information by logging in to this site and changing their information.
1333 Broadway Suite 301
New York, NY 10018
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org